The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Monday, May 16, 2005

Such a fine line....

Jeeze, when it rains, it pours! I have so much to talk about today! Most recently is my inadvertant blurring of the lines between fantasy and reality. My kids are crazy about the Zelda games. The one with young Link as the hero. They love it, because a kid is the hero in these games. Well, Chris lost another tooth and got a whopping five dollars for it (I know, I know, but we didn't have any Susan B. Anthony's). He decided to write a letter to Link and send him his five dollars. He really did! He sealed hias five dollar bill into the envelope and put a stamp on it! It's all legal!

So I thought, he's doing this in hopes that Link will write him back. And so (he) did. Chris doesn't have the pessimistic view of the United Staes Postal Service that I do. He believes that if he writes a letter Saturday night, it is entirely plausible that he receive a response Monday morning. He was thrilled to hear that Link was appreciative of his "blue rupee" and that Link thanked him for his assistance in defeating the evil Ganon.





Worlds.... colliding. Yes, I had told them that they were only games. They weren't real. Now my word has been challenged. "Does this mean Link is real? How can the mailman go to their world? What if Ganon finds out where Zelda is hiding?" Aaaahhhhh.... crap. The best answer I have been able to come up with is: "I'm not sure. What do you think?"

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home