The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mother's Day Comes Early

I want to devote this entry explicitly to my husband. You don't hear too much about him, but tonight I am feeling especially thankful for having the great luck to have him as my husband. The kids were so loud and full of energy today that by around four in the afternoon, I felt a headache coming on. By seven o'clock, 1-1/2 uneaten dinners, a broken picture frame, a carpetful of crushed Oreo cookies, three loads of laundry, about 1,000 shrieks at 5 bajillion decibles, and a broken glass candle holder later, I was thankful only for the fact that I am not prone to migraines.

Jeff came home an hour later and immediately saw my exasperated angry face, muttering the words, "Kill the Girl" between my clenched teeth. I was presented with an early gift of Cinnabons (oh heavenly sugar-carb overload) and.... AND he is putting the children to bed all by himself as I type. I am blessed.

He cooks. A lot. Well. He cleans up the kitchen. He brings me coffee in bed EVERY morning before he leaves for work. He gets verklempt watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. He walks up the stairs with a 50 pound boy firmly gripping each leg. He joins in on Hannah's tea parties. He goes grocery shopping, often with all three children. He can bring home the bacon and fry it up in the pan, and never, never let me forget he's a man.

And he can stick to a diet way better than I can. And he's okay with that.

I love you, Jeff. Happy Mother's Day.