The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Monday, May 16, 2005

Now, where was I?

I just love to watch and listen to Chris talking on the phone. He is quite chatty, and can go on for what must seem from the other end to be an eternity. As he talks on the cordless phone (does anybody even still have a corded phone??), he never stops moving. Usually he walks in circles. If he is in the living room, he will walk around and around the coffee table. If he is in the dining room, he just makes his own little circle. It's dizzying to watch. So, if you are talking to Chris on the phone, and every twelve seconds you hear him say "Excuse me," that means he is in the living room, stepping over me as he circles the coffee table.

ANYway, this afternoon he was talking to his aunt, and had to ask me a question mid-conversation. When he returned to talking to his aunt, he said, "Now, where was I?" It's these little things that tickle me. Where did he pick up that phrase? Apparently, one of his parents is easily distracted and forgetful. I wish I could remember which one of us that....

OH OH OH! And today, we were all looking through pictures, and found some of our wedding pictures. Then, a few minutes later, we were playing the guitar and piano. The kids asked me to play something on the piano, so I plunked out a bit of the Wedding March, and asked if anyone recognized it. The boys immediately called out "The wedding song! Is that the song you and Daddy had when you got married?" Well, no, it wasn't. Our string quartet minus one played Pachebel's Canon in D. They wanted me to play it on the piano for them, but caught on the spot, I couldn't even remember the melody. So I went to my beloved computer and Googled it. Lo and behold, dozens of MIDIs. I played a MIDI for them, and planned my ambush on Jeff.

"You know, boys, if we play this song when Daddy comes home, I'll bet you anything he will cry." I know, how evil am I, right? But it was the perfect opportunity to teach the children about tears of joy.

Well... I always assumed they were tears of joy.


BTW -- he did cry. Then he asked if he was in trouble.



Tonight, our house is filled with music. We're having a blast!