The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Our First Loose Tooth!

It was very exciting! Chris came to me with a confused look on his face, mouth open, decapitated chocolate Easter Bunny in hand. Chris had the very first loose tooth in our house! And it wasn't caused by rough-housing! My little boy is really growing up. He wiggled it for me, and I gushed how proud and excited I was. His twin brother, John, was not as excited. In fact, he was quite put out that he didn't get the first loose tooth. After all, he is bigger, and older by that whopping seven minutes. Daddy smoothed things over by letting John in on a secret -- John didn't get a loose tooth yet because his teeth are stronger.

There were long, involved discussions about the Tooth Fairy, and how obviously she is in cahoots with the Easter Bunny. She was running low on teeth, and told the Bunny to deliver a special chocolate bunny to Chris so she could rebuild her reserves. What happened to the teeth she had, I don't know. Maybe she lost them in a game of Texas Hold 'Em.




Well, now we were faced with a small dilemma: Chris' loose tooth was sore, and it hurt to eat. "Soup with nothing in it" (chicken broth) worked for lunch, but didn't hold its appeal. Snuggling a sad Chris, I suggested that milkshakes were the way to go. This was a winner, but now they all wanted milkshakes. Lacking enough ice cream, I gave the go-ahead to just get them from McDonald's. At this, John perked up his ears and asked for ten hamburgers (?!) and Hannah chimed in "Popeyes!" which is Mao for french fries. Sigh. Whatever, it's a special occasion. Go ahead.

Turns out that this poor little boy, who couldn't even manage to eat linguini, was able to fortify himself with french fries quite contentedly.




Fast forward to this morning. Chris was disappointed to wake up with his loose tooth still in place, but half a minute of wiggling it with his tongue produced satisfactory results. It's out! (Sorry the picture is so blurry.) An hour or so later, Chris called to me from his bedroom. I walked in to find him laying on his bed.

"Mommy, will you pretend to be the Tooth Fairy?" He wanted to practice going to bed with the tooth under his pillow. I obliged, because I needed the practice, too. I think I did well, because as I was sneaking out of his room, he said "Now you have to put the quarter under my pillow." Smooooth!

2 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home