The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Mommy's Little Helpers

Raking, for me, rates right up there with dusting. But when it finally reached the point I couldn't bear to look at the lawn anymore (and the snowmen the kids made were 75% leaves 25% snow), I decided it was time. Ugh. You can imagine how thrilled I was when the kids, upon seeing me gather up gloves, rake and lawn bags, came running to me with cries of "I wanna help! I wanna help!" But nothing good lasts forever, and with young children, you're lucky if you get a solid five minutes of cooperation. Everyone wants to rake (there are four of us and two rakes), and nobody (except me) wants to bag. Hannah wants to rake in reverse, from the newly made pile outward. John wants to rake in the same exact square foot I am raking. Chris wants to rake John and Hannah.

I want to rake my fingernails on a chalkboard.

6 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home