The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Friday, September 16, 2005

Sorry it took so long!

Well, we have two weeks of school under our belts now, and I have to say it is going very well. I was worried there would be a lot of oversleeping and missing the bus, because our whole family is nocturnal, but we have made it every day except one, and that was the second day, when the bus driver was at the stop a full fifteen minutes early. We got there a minute after she left. The first day she was twelve minutes early. The third day she was three minutes early (yay!). The fourth day she was seven minutes late. This week, she has been pretty much on time. Woo hoo!

The boys came home from their first day of school all excited about making a new friend on the bus. Chris said her name had "something to do with Alex," and she and John exchanged phone numbers -- on the first day! And I thought Chris was the smooth operator! Each day, when they came home, they told me excitedly about seeing their new friend from the bus again (it's Alexis, by the way, and she is in Chris' class.)

A new family has moved in down at the end of the cul-de-sac, and they have a son (I'll call him "A") going to kindergarten. Naturally, I hustled over there with a lasagna on their move-in day. "A" and the boys hit it off the very first day -- they all had Spider-Man backpacks. It was adorable!

I waited much too long to blog about this, so I have already forgotten so many things I wanted to immortalize here. John doesn't have many good things to say about school. He always asks me what I did while he was in school, and I try to make it sound as boring as possible, so he doesn't think he's missing out on anything. Jeff had lunch at the school with the boys this past Monday, and told me that a little girl there was all but throwing herself at John, and John was oblivious. Dad still takes precidence over chicks. I wonder when that will change?

Chris comes home with his mouth in fifth gear from the minute he steps off the bus, telling me about the great things they did in school that day (and that he saw His New Friend On The Bus again today). They have been learning a lot of songs, and Chris enjoys singing them to us, complete with jazz hands. Where is that darned camcorder??? I have GOT to get that recorded! Chris has his mother's innate ability to mis-hear song lyrics (the girl with colitis goes by?), so he sings about fishies "splishin' and a-splashin' and a-rockin' to the bee."

There is so much more I want to tell you -- too much for one entry, really, so I think I'll just string you along.

4 comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, September 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So John is the smooth operator now? Just act like you are not interested and it drives the women batty.

    Chris is funny.

    I had the same problem as John as a child: I would think that all these fun things were happening at home while I was gone. I don't know what my Mom and teachers did to erase that notion.

     
  • At 4:41 PM, September 20, 2005, Blogger loelsh said…

    Glad things are going well with the kids in school.

    Since they are eating lunch there, am I right in assuming they have a full day kindergarten?

    My daughter only goes a half day. Sometimes I wish it was a full day though. :)

     
  • At 5:18 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Lizzlee said…

    Yes, the boys have a full day in kindergarten. Their day is from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. When I went to kindergarten, we had half-days, too. I went in the afternoon (pretty much set the stage for the rest of my life as a non-morning person.)

     
  • At 3:19 PM, April 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home