The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Big Ole Pile of Shift Work

I had a totally awesome rockin' day today.

I had a ton of work waiting for me, getting back-logged, and was able to go into work today (Saturday) because Jeff had the day off. At the last minute, I asked my eight-year-old son, Chris, if he would like to go to work with me. I knew no one else would be at the shop, and I hate being there alone. I had six windows to do, which could mean up to twelve hours.

He agreed, and we got him properly outfitted with stuff to do if he got bored (Nintendo DS, stuffed animals, markers, you get the picture.)

I figured he MIGHT last until around lunch time, playing his video game most of the time.

That boy clocked almost six hours actual work time, for which I am paying him, and never even took the Nintendo DS out of his pocket. He really worked, starting with finding boxes for me to pack the windows in once they're clean. Then he actually helped me clean the windows, and he is good at it.

When it was time to break for lunch, I had hoped to take him to a regular restaurant, but he REALLY wanted to go to McDonald's (ours has recently redecorated, and looks almost like a bistro!), so I gave in. He must have thanked me eight times for taking him to McDonald's. He said next time, I can take him to any restaurant I choose, as long as it's not a pizza place, because they are Daddy's competition.

We cleaned 5 out of the 6 windows (we're going in tomorrow for another hour) in record time.

If anyone is wondering why it took so long to clean these windows, I clean stained glass and leaded windows. It takes a lot of detail work, and a lot of razors.

I'm so proud of my boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home