The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Leisure Suit Larry, Meet Cruisin' Chris

We've been going to the pool pretty much every day, sometimes twice a day. I really love going to the pool with them, because they have so much fun, and are so well-behaved. Something about the pool really brings out their sociable side. As soon as we get there, we're supposed to sign in with the lifeguard by the Gate. Chris has taken on this responsibility. Today, it went exactly like this:

C: Hello, we're the IncredibLee family. There's four of us. I'm Chris. What's your name?
M: Hi, Chris, I'm Matt.
C: I'm very pleased to meet you, Matt!
J: I'm John!
H: I'm Hannah!
J: What are those in your mouth?
M: Those are braces.
C: I knew those were braces!
J: I like your braces.
H: They're pretty!
C: Timmy's friend Chester in the Fairly OddParents has braces and that's how I knew they were braces just like Timmy's friend Chester in the Fairly OddParents!
L: Okay, kids, are you ready to go in the water?
ALL: It was a pleasure to meet you, Matt! Good-bye!

They really love all the lifeguards there. They make a point to find out each one's names and chat them up a bit. But Chris... Chris really likes the lifeguards.

About a week ago, Chris pulled me over to the side of the pool to "tell me something in my ear." He whispered, "I think I'm going to find my girlfriend here." He began scoping out all the chicks. I mean all of them. Even the middle-school girls, who were clearly out of his league. I watched him slowly drift through the water closer and closer to different girls, checking them out, like some smooth operator in a dance club. Then, he saw Bethany. Behold beautiful Bethany, in all her red-swimsuited glory. Floaty thing laying casually across her strong tanned thighs, whistle dangling languidly from her wrist. The polish on her smartly pedicured toenails even matched her swimsuit. Bethany. Sigh.

He walked right up to her and introduced himself in order to learn her name. He told her he knew a song about Bethany. My own heart melted as he proceeded to serenade her with lyrics primarily consisting of "Bethany." I can only imagine how she felt.

So, we went to the pool this afternoon, and you know what? It turns out he also knows a song about "Ashley!"