The IncredibLees



The Misadventures of a family of superheroes forced
to hide their secret super identities starring
"Mao Tse" Hannah (6-1/2),
Chris (8), John (also 8), Liz & Jeff

     
                       

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Heat Wave

It's been around 90 degrees every day for the past week, and the kids and I have been taking advantage of the fact that the pool is only a two minute walk from our house. I've signed them up for swimming lessons -- all three in the same class. How am I going to manage that? I need four extra arms. We bought the kids those swimsuits with the built-in foam -- kind of a combination life jacket/swimsuit. The first day they hit the water wearing them, they were doggy-paddling all over the place. I was hovering over Hannah, nervous, but she was so confident she kept telling me to get out of her way!

When we were in Kentucky, their Aunt Melinda gave them these adorable towel/robes:



As a side note, I was wondering... since we're at the pool every day, is it considered gross to wear the same swimsuit every day? Should you wear something different most days, like you would normally change clothes? Are the other moms looking at me and whispering, "There she is, wearing that polka-dot swimsuit AGAIN! Poor thing. Someone should really say something to her."

Also, I realized on our trip back from Kentucky that apparently I have given birth to a mini Donald Trump. Whenever Mao was on a power trip and not getting her way, she would bellow, "You're FIRED!!" John ate one of her Cheetos, so naturally Mao fired him, to which John replied, "What?! I don't even WORK!"

1 comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, June 08, 2005, Blogger Lizzlee said…

    garza: I would be flattered! Thank you!

    Z: That's my way of thinking, but I have to find something to fret over!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home